- Fiddler Rewards - Special Club Membership with TPKRCA
- Local Businesses Treat Women in The Ponds
- Time to Mix and Mingle in The Ponds
- Pondering what to do….
- Great effort for our Spring Clean
- New Creative Classes coming soon
- A picture perfect way to spend a Thursday morning
- Community comes together for exercise, food, friendship & fun!
- A great morning to launch the Arts and Craft Group for 2016
- The ESL Conversation Group
- Keeping It Clean Community Picnic
- Holi/Harmony Day at The Ponds
- Sydney Metro Northwest School Holiday Program
- Clean Up Australia Day at The Ponds
- Meeting Neighbours
- T3 Australia Soccer School Holiday Fun Skills & Games
- Australia Day a Great Success
- Free TAFE Course at The Ponds
- Spectacular Carols at The Ponds
- New Era in The Ponds Community
- Getting Crafty at The Ponds
- Fun While Fundraising
- The Ponds Spring Festival/Diwali
- Dogs' Breakfast at The Ponds
- School Holiday Fun
- Hunter Valley Tour a Great Day Out
- We Love The Ponds Project
- Inaugural Father Daughter Dance at The Ponds
- Pizza Pavers for Playground
- TPKR AGM & Inaugural Community Awards
- We Love The Ponds Project
- Pizza Pavers for Pell Reserve
- Ladies Having Fun Fundraising
- Grand Opening of The Ponds Shopping Centre
- School Holiday Fun
- Mother's Day Competition at The Ponds
- First Six Star Green Rating for Australand
- The Ponds Easter Party
- New Shopping Centre Applies Finishing Touches - 94% Leased
- Harmony Day/Holi - Festival of Colours
- Three New Schools Opening at The Ponds!
- Christmas Lights Compeition
- Carols at The Ponds
- The Ponds Sells Out
- Grand Opening for The Ponds Community Hub
UrbanGrowth NSW and Australand have sold the last land parcel in New South Wales’ fastest selling master-planned community, The Ponds – two years ahead of schedule.
More than 4,200 new home sites have been sold in just seven years, making the $2 billion residential community the most successful master-planned project in New South Wales’ history. The Bureau of Statistics Index also called The Ponds “the most advantaged suburb in NSW”.
Jey Mahendra, UrbanGrowth NSW Development Director for The Ponds said, “Early in 2003 a strong vision was set for The Ponds which was to provide a harmonious retreat that balances community needs whilst re-establishing an 80 hectare bushland and waterway environment. Eleven years later this vision has been achieved. It is estimated more than 12,400 residents will call The Ponds home when the last remaining homes are built in 2015.
“A combination of strong leadership, clear project vision, a dedicated team with shared values, community input, combined with cooperative relationships with Council, project partners and State government agencies were invaluable in the success of this project.”
Jey added, “The relationship with Australand was very strong based on our shared values. We worked collaboratively to achieve the project vision and its outcomes. It is with great pride that UrbanGrowth NSW played an integral role in delivering a highly functional residential community that has set a benchmark for what liveable communities should look like for future generations.”
”More than one billion dollars was invested in major infrastructure projects and housing, creating thousands of jobs to help stimulate the New South Wales economy. UrbanGrowth NSW’s and its partners’ ability to identify the needs of the new community and deliver infrastructure on time as the community grew, played an important role in the suburb’s success.”
Nigel Edgar, General Manager, Residential NSW for Australand commented, “A broad range of purchasers have appreciated the lifestyle that has been created at The Ponds. There is nothing else like it in the North West of Sydney. Buyers who purchased in the early stages of the project have been our best sales force. The consultants involved with this project should be very proud of this thriving and functional community.”
The Mayor of Blacktown City, Councillor Stephen Bali is thrilled that so many people have chosen Blacktown City to call home. He said, “Council is delighted that The Ponds has been so well received by over 4,000 residents. We’re immensely proud in fact, because it is a tribute to the planning and delivery of this suburb – a tribute to the work of UrbanGrowth NSW, Australand and Blacktown City Council.”
Mayor Bali continued, “The last 20 years have seen significant development take place across Blacktown City. Only through a shared vision for the future and strong partnerships will we be able to deliver the desired future for Blacktown City.”
Key features of the infrastructure included:
- A mix of housing configurations to suit a broad range of budgets including detached and attached homes, terrace houses and courtyard homes.
- An 80 hectares nature corridor at the heart of the suburb, including 40 hectares of riparian and biodiversity habitat. The revegetation program involved the planting of over 1.5 million native species.
- Six kilometres of cycle and walk ways through the nature corridor, BBQ areas, playgrounds and two extensive flagship sports facilities. Peel Reserve Park will be completed in 2015.
- Education facilities including John Palmer Public School, a primary and high school and one special school (both due for completion in 2015). Two first class community hubs with the second due for completion in 2015.
- An extensive public art and community development program that defines The Ponds suburb was implemented.
- A retail and shopping centre amenity (opening in 2015) was strategically positioned beside John Palmer Public Schooland The Ponds Community Hub to create a central focal point within the community.
- Bridges, roads and a dedicated bus route throughout the community with access to the Rouse Hill Town Centreinterchange plus access to the new North-West Rail.
Twelve high profile industry accolades have been awarded to The Ponds, including the coveted Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) President’s Award for 2012 for the best project of the year in residential, commercial and retail development.
2012 UDIA Awards for Sustainability Development
2012 UDIA Commendation for Government Leadership for Urban Development
2012 HIA Green Smart Display Home, Green Smart Home of the Year, Green Smart Award for Water Efficiency and Award for Resource Efficiency for the Net Zero Home
2012 HIA NSW Awards for Green Smart Energy Efficiency Net Zero Home
2012 AILA NSW award for Residential Design
2012 UDIA NSW Presidents Award and Residential Project of the Year
2012 Urban Taskforce –High Commendation for Affordable Housing
2011 UDIA Award for Professional Consultancy Craig & Rhodes, Arup & WEM
2009 UDIA Award for Professional Consultancy Clouston for The Ponds Parklands
2006 Australian Institute of Landscape Architects – National Merit Award for the trunk
2006 PIA Excellence in Planning in Environmental Planning or Conservation
2005 Housing Industry of Australia – National Green Smart Award for Design Concept