- Fiddler Rewards - Special Club Membership with TPKRCA
- Local Businesses Treat Women in The Ponds
- Time to Mix and Mingle in The Ponds
- Pondering what to do….
- Great effort for our Spring Clean
- New Creative Classes coming soon
- A picture perfect way to spend a Thursday morning
- Community comes together for exercise, food, friendship & fun!
- A great morning to launch the Arts and Craft Group for 2016
- The ESL Conversation Group
- Keeping It Clean Community Picnic
- Holi/Harmony Day at The Ponds
- Sydney Metro Northwest School Holiday Program
- Clean Up Australia Day at The Ponds
- Meeting Neighbours
- T3 Australia Soccer School Holiday Fun Skills & Games
- Australia Day a Great Success
- Free TAFE Course at The Ponds
- Spectacular Carols at The Ponds
- New Era in The Ponds Community
- Getting Crafty at The Ponds
- Fun While Fundraising
- The Ponds Spring Festival/Diwali
- Dogs' Breakfast at The Ponds
- School Holiday Fun
- Hunter Valley Tour a Great Day Out
- We Love The Ponds Project
- Inaugural Father Daughter Dance at The Ponds
- Pizza Pavers for Playground
- TPKR AGM & Inaugural Community Awards
- We Love The Ponds Project
- Pizza Pavers for Pell Reserve
- Ladies Having Fun Fundraising
- Grand Opening of The Ponds Shopping Centre
- School Holiday Fun
- Mother's Day Competition at The Ponds
- First Six Star Green Rating for Australand
- The Ponds Easter Party
- New Shopping Centre Applies Finishing Touches - 94% Leased
- Harmony Day/Holi - Festival of Colours
- Three New Schools Opening at The Ponds!
- Christmas Lights Compeition
- Carols at The Ponds
- The Ponds Sells Out
- Grand Opening for The Ponds Community Hub
On Saturday 30 May Australand will reach a milestone by officially opening the doors to The Ponds Shopping Centre, a $40 million facility which is the final major piece of infrastructure to be built in The Ponds.
To mark the grand opening celebrations an action packed day filled with fun entertainment has been organised for local families and will run from 11am till 2pm. Thousands of people are expected to attend the celebrations on the corner of The Ponds Boulevard and Riverbank Drive, The Ponds.
Peri Macdonald, General Manager – Retail for Australand said, “The opening of The Ponds Shopping Centre is an important milestone. Its completion represents the final major piece of infrastructure to be built in one of Sydney’s fastest growing suburbs – The Ponds.
“A high quality shopping destination has been created which is set to become a place where people meet, entertain, laugh, shop and interact. The centre includes a mix of retailers who will trade throughout the day with a focus on fresh food, dining and everyday needs. A broad mix of quality national and local retailers have secured tenancies in the centre.”
He added, “Over 800 jobs have been created for the local community prior to, during and after completion. The team has delivered an exceptional shopping facility that the community will be very proud of. We look forward to opening the doors and joining the community to celebrate the occasion.”
There will be plenty of free entertainment options for the family to enjoy including a live musical experience from the Minions, face painting, jumping castle, roving characters, a Pirate and Mermaid show and shopping bags filled with discount vouchers from the retailers.
The Ponds Shopping Centre is part of the overall masterplan for The Ponds. It has been strategically located in the middle of the suburb and next door to John Palmer Public School and The Community Resource Hub.
A hidden surprise in the new centre is its green credentials. It is the first and only retail project in Australia to receive a 6 Star Green Star – Retail Centre Design v1 rating, representing world leadership in sustainable design.
New concepts have been introduced including an Indian grocer Modi Khanna and Woolworths will showcase one of its latest concept stores. Over 25 specialty retailers will display their products and services with some including Oliver Brown, Leaf Café, Wonder Sushi, Meat At The Ponds, Donut King, Michel’s Patisserie, Koko Thai Restaurant and Star Car Wash. Over 350 car spaces are included in the centre, the majority of which are undercover.
Award winning architect NH Architects was chosen to design The Ponds Shopping Centre which exhibits high quality design and finishes. The pavilion style design is linked by a shared canopy with a north facing outdoor alfresco space that melds with the indoor areas.
ISPT, one of the Australia’s largest unlisted property fund managers, will acquire the centre from Australand upon completion and will be responsible for the management and operational activities in the future.
Visit the website for further information: www.shopattheponds.com.au