- Fiddler Rewards - Special Club Membership with TPKRCA
- Local Businesses Treat Women in The Ponds
- Time to Mix and Mingle in The Ponds
- Pondering what to do….
- Great effort for our Spring Clean
- New Creative Classes coming soon
- A picture perfect way to spend a Thursday morning
- Community comes together for exercise, food, friendship & fun!
- A great morning to launch the Arts and Craft Group for 2016
- The ESL Conversation Group
- Keeping It Clean Community Picnic
- Holi/Harmony Day at The Ponds
- Sydney Metro Northwest School Holiday Program
- Clean Up Australia Day at The Ponds
- Meeting Neighbours
- T3 Australia Soccer School Holiday Fun Skills & Games
- Australia Day a Great Success
- Free TAFE Course at The Ponds
- Spectacular Carols at The Ponds
- New Era in The Ponds Community
- Getting Crafty at The Ponds
- Fun While Fundraising
- The Ponds Spring Festival/Diwali
- Dogs' Breakfast at The Ponds
- School Holiday Fun
- Hunter Valley Tour a Great Day Out
- We Love The Ponds Project
- Inaugural Father Daughter Dance at The Ponds
- Pizza Pavers for Playground
- TPKR AGM & Inaugural Community Awards
- We Love The Ponds Project
- Pizza Pavers for Pell Reserve
- Ladies Having Fun Fundraising
- Grand Opening of The Ponds Shopping Centre
- School Holiday Fun
- Mother's Day Competition at The Ponds
- First Six Star Green Rating for Australand
- The Ponds Easter Party
- New Shopping Centre Applies Finishing Touches - 94% Leased
- Harmony Day/Holi - Festival of Colours
- Three New Schools Opening at The Ponds!
- Christmas Lights Compeition
- Carols at The Ponds
- The Ponds Sells Out
- Grand Opening for The Ponds Community Hub
Australand has been awarded its first 6 Star Green Star rating by the Green Building Council of Australia for The Ponds Shopping Centre in north west Sydney.
The $40 million centre, located on the corner of The Ponds Boulevard and Riverbank Drive in The Ponds, is the first and only retail project in Australia to receive a 6 Star Green Star – Retail Centre Design v1 rating, which represents world leadership in sustainable design.
Peri Macdonald, General Manager – Retail for Australand said, “Australand is committed to setting a sustainability benchmark for the retail sector. This award reflects our leadership position in sustainable design. The company is constantly looking for ways to improve the sustainability aspects of the buildings we design to ensure they set a precedent for the property industry to follow.”
Paolo Bevilacqua, National Sustainability Manager for Australand, commented, “Australand has set a goal for all of its retail centres to achieve a minimum 5 Star Green Star standard to showcase Australian excellence. Solar PV is a particular focus for all of our projects, providing clean, renewable energy in addition to a commercial benefit by reducing power costs.
“The property industry as a whole has a significant impact on the environment. Retail centres provide an opportunity to not only reduce this impact but to interact with the public to educate them on green buildings through demonstration and leadership, which is a position we have adopted. Investors and tenants are increasingly seeking green buildings which over time will be reflected in valuations and overall performance.”
According to the Chief Executive Officer of the Green Building Council of Australia, Romilly Madew, international research has found that shopping centres designed to green building principles are not only more energy and water-efficient, they also have higher sales per square metre.
“While the scale of shopping centres can make sustainability a challenge, Australand has demonstrated that a commitment to innovation can deliver world leadership sustainability outcomes. Of the 29 retail developments with Green Star ratings, only one other centre in Australia has previously achieved 6 Star certification and was under the pilot rating tool. Australand is truly leading the way in the design and delivery of efficient, productive and sustainable retail centres,” Ms Madew adds.
Key sustainability features of The Ponds Shopping Centre include:
- Solar PV system – generates power to the car park lights and fans
- LED lighting in the main mall area
- Naturally ventilated mall
- Economy cycle air conditioning to enclosed mall area which uses fresh air when outdoor conditions are suitable
- Sustainability criteria in the Tenancy Fitout Guide
- Rainwater for toilet flushing and irrigation
- Cycle facilities for workers and visitors
- Full life cycle analysis
- Total sustainability costs are around $290K, producing an estimated operating saving of $45K per annum.
Green Star is an internationally recognised sustainability rating system for buildings and communities. The Green Star – Retail Centre v1 rating tool assesses the environmental attributes of new and refurbished retail centres in Australia.
Award winning architect NH Architects was chosen to design The Ponds Shopping Centre which encompasses high quality design and finishes. The pavilion style design is linked by a shared canopy with a north facing outdoor alfresco space that melds with the indoor areas.